Dietary Counseling In Ventura County
Dietary Counseling in Ventura County is one of the many services offered at Oxnard Family Circle Adult Day Health Care center. Diet and Nutrition are important aspects of senior day care. We promote a healthy lifestyle through our dietary counseling services in Ventura County.
Benefits of Dietary Counseling
When elders understand the impact of diet and nutrition on the quality of their lives, they begin to adopt a healthier lifestyle. A number of benefits result from dietary counseling including:
- Increased mental activity
- Prevention of illnesses and diseases
- Higher energy levels
- Stronger immune system
- Faster healing and rehabilitation
- Improved pain management and management of chronic health conditions
Dietary Challenges and Problems
As individuals age, physical and emotional factors begin to interfere with their diets. By seeking dietary counseling, senior citizens can learn to make certain lifestyle changes and tackle various health issues that they have. The following is an account of the various challenges senior citizens face when it comes to their diet and nutritional health.
Reduced Activity: Elders and seniors with disabilities begin to reduce their activity and exercise levels as they age. This means that less calories are burned and metabolism slows down. More weight begins to add on, which may lead to other harmful effects such as heart disease.
Appetite Changes: As we age, our senses begin to diminish causing changes in taste and appetite. A loss of appetite is common for elders who are struggling with a medical condition or other psychological problems.
Emotional and Psychological Factors: Grief, loneliness and depression are common emotional and psychological factors that affect the diet of an elderly person. Some individuals stop eating while others begin to overeat.
Vitamin Deficiency: The body has a difficult time processing vitamins and minerals as we age. Changes in the digestion system cause improper vitamin absorption. A lack of eating will also cause vitamin and mineral deficiency.
Medication: Many senior citizens are on some form of medication. These prescription medicines can have certain affects on the diet. It is important to seek elder care services to manage a healthy diet that tackles medication challenges.
Many health conditions of seniors result from psychological eating problems. The elderly, seniors with disabilities and Veterans need specialized nutritional counseling to adopt a healthy, well-balanced diet. There are certain health precautions and food intake guidelines that senior citizens must follow. We offer nutritional services that are tailored to the individual needs of each person.
We are dedicated to helping senior citizens with food planning and offering consultations with dieticians to tackle specific challenges. Dietary conditions are unique to each individual and the diet of each individual is specific. Our goal is to improve the quality of life of each member of our adult day healthcare center and to restore self-care for frail elderly persons, adults with disabilities and retired Veterans. Nutritional and dietary counseling are some of the most effective and essential services offered at Oxnard Family Circle ADHC.
Why We Are Unique
Our medical day rehabilitation makes it possible to avoid post-hospitalization nursing home stays and reduces the risk of re-hospitalization.
- We are a day program, allowing patients to live in the comfort of their own home, while maintaining professional-quality healthcare monitoring and service during weekdays.
- Our exciting activities, which are designed to entertain, stimulate, and encourage socialization, are part of the major components of our medical day rehabilitation program.
- We provide two dietary meals per day
- We provide transportation to and from our Center
- We maintain contact with your physicians and notify them immediately of any changes of condition. We are ready to implement his or her orders without delay while at our center and monitor effectiveness and side effects.
As part of our Adult Day Care Services, we can offer therapy and monitoring of the following conditions per your doctor’s requirements
- Physical and Mental disabilities
- Speech and Swallowing impairment
- Congestive Heart Failure Monitoring
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s Care
- Post Heart Attack and Stroke Care
- Diabetic Care
- Other Disabilities and Illnesses