In an effort to reduce complications and re-hospitalization for patients discharged from hospitals, Oxnard Family Circle ADHC offers a unique medical model rehabilitation program inclusive of all the services a patient would need upon discharge from a hospital. Individuals can save up to 80% of post-acute rehabilitation costs and decrease potential for re-hospitalization from anywhere between 28% to 75% by participating in such programs (according to tests conducted by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services), which are designed specifically for patients who require skilled quality care during a day (patients spend 4-6 hrs under our care and go home at nights and weekends).
Our facility can completely or partially replace non-cost-effective home health agencies and SNFs. If we can transport a patient to our center then we can provide all the following services under one roof to meet their post-acute medical needs:
- Transportation to and from the center, including access for wheelchair bound patients
- Two hot dietary meals and assisted feeding as necessary
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy conducted individually and in a group setting
- Full nursing care including diabetic care, wound care, administering medication, oxygen, etc
- Monitoring patients during the same hours of operation as primary care physicians, implementing doctor orders immediately and following up the same day
- Fall prevention program
- Social services provided by highly experienced social workers
- Psychological counseling
- Dietary Counseling, diabetes prevention and education for fast rehabilitation
- Nursing education, implementation of preventive medicine
- Personal care, including toileting, showering, podiatry, feeding and grooming
- Social atmosphere filled with fun activities designed to stimulate rehabilitation
- Dementia Care Unit
Our facility is licensed by the Department of Public Health with daily capacity for up to 180 people. We currently employ 16 licensed professionals, 7 assistants and 11 aids who provide steady monitoring and care to as many patients as needed in a given day under one roof. This is a more affordable option since it does not require personal care aids and licensed personnel including nurses, therapists, social workers, dietitians, etc to travel patient’s residence.
We offer all inclusive services for day health care, maintenance, post-acute rehabilitation and preventive programs for one flat-fee. Physicians are free to tailor the program to fit the particular need of your beneficiaries to minimize hospital readmission, improve patient results and save money.
Oxnard Family Circle prides itself in providing excellent care to their participants and has a great reputation among the healthcare providers of Ventura County. Our services are widely used by the Department of Veterans Affairs, Medi-Cal, Tri-Counties Regional Center, Long Term Care insurance companies and private parties. Our post-acute model is a viable and productive service available to all individuals.